Wednesday, January 24, 2007
When I say prepare for a change - it's not a small thing.Generally speaking, all the ways you have become accustomed to doing things with the menus across the top of the screen - these are gone. Now, items change according to your actions - which is a little challenging at first to grasp and work with. Of course, my focus was on Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, as you can expect - but the changes have taken place across all the core Office programs - including Word, Excel, etc.
I think it is going to be a learning curve for many of you out especially in corporate America and educational institutions. And while I do not see immediate implementations - they are likely to occur further in the year for a lot of companies. (IT departments always tend to wait a bit on the side of caution to feel out if the program will work for other companies of their own size and what kind of problems to anticipate.
But, as far as preparing, I would suggest first understanding if your system is "ready" first for the change. Look at the system requirements and make sure that your processor and hard drive, RAM etc. is compatible before you run out and buy a copy.
We at Brainy Betty will be helping throughout the year - watch for new tutorials every week that will help you to navigate and use Office 2007 and achieve the most productivity without the frustration. Make sure to subscribe to this blog by entering your email on the right or add yourself to our newsletter list and we'll notify you when new content is being posted to the site that can help you.
Have a great week! Be creative! Be productive!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
You register for the event by clicking on the Find an Event button (big orange on top of the page right hand side).... I totally missed that for some reason and spent about 10 minutes in frustration trying to figure out how to register.
Brainy Betty will be at the Louisville, KY event on January 30th, so if you see me, (Nan Shastry) please do come up and say hello!
Have a great week!
Friday, January 05, 2007
Right off the bat, the new version of Microsoft Office 2007 is now ready to order. It becomes available on January 30th but you can preorder here. I've already ordered my copy and am pretty excited about getting it and upgrading. I've even taken a look at the new Windows Vista operating system as well. If you want a sneak peek to go and play in the new environment - go here.
I don't like resolutions - I never keep them - but here are my GOALS for this year:
1. To post more faithfully to this blog at least once a week.
2. To add at least 4 or 5 new items to Brainy Betty every month. I have 4 new things this month already:
- new sound files for your presentations
- new free smileys for email and other applications
- new flash that you can embed in your presentations (5 new that say "Welcome to 2007!) along with a tutorial about how to embed flash in PPT
- A new tutorial about how to create an animated PowerPoint background
3. to incorporate more video and audio and media into my site - and for your presentations
4. Oh, and the big one: to get my new business intellipodcast up and running before the end of January!
Have a great month and a prosperous new year, everyone!