Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thank you.


I am so grateful to have such wonderful blog subscribers and to read the emails I get from people who have found solutions to their presentation problems. Please keep sending me emails or post replies here. I do read and respond to every one.
This week has been an eye opener for me in many ways.


As I learn to use Apple Keynote more on my new mac laptop I find that there are a lot of creative and unique aspects to that program. However, there are still many features I find that Keynote lacks that PowerPoint excels in. Keynote is for the highly visual user - makes sense that Apple tends to market more toward the creative community. It does have a simple beauty when presenting information in presentations, though. I suspect that the new PowerPoint 2007 will have a lot of Keynote users surprised - the new presentations and slide shows are just visually elegant as well.


Which got me thinking about presentations in general - we all do them and in some cases it has become a requirement in places we work or study to create presentations and display some learning or data or process or result in this format.


I think what a lot of us lack is the creative skill and the underatdning of design and spce and what works best to "display" data in a way that is persuasive but also pleasing to the eye. What I think I will start to do is to create a set of materials for visitors of the site to understand some basic design principles - including colors, layouts and the idea of schemes. If you think something like this may be useful for your particular situation, drop me a line and let me know.


Thanks and have a great week!


Nan @ brainybetty

No comments:

Post a Comment