Saturday, February 24, 2007

THANK Somebody Already!

Would you like to know my personal secret for getting all the referrals or new business you can handle without even asking?

From personal experience, I can tell you that the #1 way I get business is from referrals. One of my secrets for doing that, is by building customer relationships.

Did you know that a greeting card is opened 11 times more than any other piece of mail? The top lady in Mary Kay sends out 3 handwritten cards a day! And in the Corporate world, 90% of the top earners in any company send out thank you cards and other cards daily.

That’s why I am such a huge fan of thank you notes. Makes sense folks. Give gratitude for the people who helped you learn something or showcase something or for simply helping you.

Jack Canfield in his new book : The Principles of Success points out a fairly logical question you should ask to everyone you come into contact with - here it is: On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate me (as a teacher, as a presenter, as a manager, as an employee etc.) and then ask WHY? That way, you learn what your shortcomings are and can begin to improve.

Learning to become something better ALWAYS feels wonderful.

I know this wasn't about PowserPoint, so forgive me - just an important lesson I wanted to share with you!

Have a great week!
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment